One of the main advantages of doing this would be the possibility to push a Brid player to multiple sites and web properties via a single DFP ad campaign. You also have other benefits like the powerful targeting options of DFP and setting up frequencies etc.
Having in mind the complexities behind serving such a unit through DFP, we had to do some considerable changes to our players to support this feature. The main hurdle being that DFP serves their units through their own iframes which creates an obstacle for the player to bust out of it.
Here’s a quick guide on how to setup a Brid outstream unit to be ready for serving in DFP through a 1x1 pixel:
- Login into Brid CMS and select your site.
- Click on the Outstream Units section and create an ad unit that you plan on using for this.
- Grab embed code for your unit and make sure that the Serve outstream through DFP checkbox is enabled.
- Now go into DFP and create a new line item 1x1 in size.
- When adding a creative in DFP, choose third party or custom.
- Populate the custom creative with the ad unit code from Brid CMS. It should look something like this.
- An important thing to note on this same screen is to make sure that the “Serve into a SafeFrame” option is left un-checked! This option is very important to be disabled because if it isn’t disabled, our player will not be able to bust out of DFP’s iframe which it creates when it renders on a web page.
- Save your creative and line item and grab your 1x1 GPT tag from DFP and paste it to your site.
Follow the above steps to push a Brid player through a 1x1 pixel in DFP. If for any reason you have trouble setting this up or have any other questions, make sure to submit a ticket and our support team will help you asap.
Do note that pushing the player through any other DFP size than 1x1 will result in a less than optimal experience.