This specific guide will assume that you are using Google Ad Manager as your ad server of choice. Having that said, you are free to use any ad server for this specific purpose, as long as your server is able to provide a tag that will return a display banner.
- Login into Google Ad manager and create a new display line item
- Fill up some basic info for your line item like the name, priority, size etc.
Take note that in this example we have selected the 1x1 creative size. You may use whatever size here is needed for trafficking purposes and don’t have to use 1x1.
- Near the bottom of this page make sure to properly target your line item.
In this case we have targeted the line item to the “testing” ad unit. This will help further down the line when grabbing and exporting a tag from GAM.
- Click on SAVE and let's prepare to insert a creative to this line item.
- Click on the Add Creative button and let’s create a new 1x1 creative for this line item.
The Brid Branded Canvas unit can expect several types of display banners. In this specific example we will use an image creative but do keep in mind that you can use others like custom HTML, Third party etc.
- Let’s click on the image type and then setup some basic information regarding the creative:
- Click on Browse and upload your image creative. Make sure that your image creative is made per our requirements which you can see here - https://brid.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4426398607250
- Press SAVE and you are essentially done.
- Now, let’s just export a tag from GAM which you can then use in Brid in your Branded Canvas ad slot on the player level:
As you can see, we are now at our “testing” ad unit that we set before and are now ready to grab a tag. Make sure to select “Google Publisher Tag” and click on CONTINUE.
- Make sure to select the correct size on this next screen, 1x1 in our case and set up any additional options you may need here:
- After that click on CONTINUE and you are now ready to grab the code needed